Not all people are concerned about their mental health. They tend to believe that what they are experiencing are normal responses to person, situation or events. Like physical illness, people presume that it is nothing to worry about. Only when it gets worse do they go to a doctor. That is the same way with mental health. Even if there are already signs of mental problems, most people do not act at once. Only when the situation is getting worse do they seek professional help or not at all.
Taking a screening is one of the fastest and simplest way to find out if one is experiencing symptoms of mental health condition. This does not mean that you are getting insane or mad. It is a way to correct any symptom one may be experiencing.
Some Screening Tests to Use
- Depression Screen – People who are experiencing overwhelming sadness or unhappiness may take this scree to find out whether they are experiencing depression or not.
- Anxiety Screen – When worry and fear are already affecting your everyday life, it is good to take this screen so that you can get help immediately.
- Bipolar Screen – This are for individuals who are consistently experiencing mood swings or unusual or extreme shifts in mood and energy.
- The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screen – When a person cannot get over a traumatic event in his life, it is good that he take this screen so that he can be given immediate assistance before it gets worse.
- Alcohol or Substance Use Screen – This screen determines if the use of alcohol or drugs is already up to a level where it must be addressed at once.
- Youth Screen – This is for young people within the age range of 11 to 17 whose emotions, attention or behaviors may already be signs of a mental problem.
- Parent Screen – Parents take this screen to help determine if their child’s behaviors, emotions or attention maybe signs of a problem.
- Psychosis Screen – People who are experiencing the felling that their brain is playing tricks on them such as seeing or hearing things that are not quite real.
- Work Health Survey – This screen helps explore how healthy or unhealthy the environment of your work is. This is a only testing phase
The results of the screen is not a diagnostic instrument to determine any mental health problem. The results must be shared with a professional mental health physician or a healthcare provider.