I have heard from many of you that you don’t have access to treatment for your eating disorder, and wonder how/if you can recover on your own. Here are some tips on ways to recover without professional help:
1. See your doctor! It is really important to make sure that your body is healthy enough to recover on your own. For many of my clients, they needed medical care before they could even begin working on recovery. So make sure you get a full work up prior to starting any of this.
2. Educate yourself about your disorder and yourself. Sounds silly, but if we are going to beat this thing we need to take the time to figure out how the disorder works and how it feels for us. Also, it’s imperative that we work on figuring out what purpose our ED serves for us.
3. Set up a support team. These people could be friends, family, online communities, etc. You will need to have people who can be available 24/7 to you in case you need support at 4 in the morning, so try and have a varied set of support people
4. Set up a schedule and stick to it! Just like you would if you had professional help, make sure you have time slots allotted to your recovery. Use this time to journal, do a workbook, talk with support about what’s going on, hop online to vent, etc. Just make sure you set aside time each and every week! I think the biggest issue with recovering on your own is that no one is going to hold you accountable to a schedule. So set it up and stick with it! You can do this!
5. Lastly, invest in some workbooks, journals and possibly craft supplies. That way you have what you need when you need it.
Please share and +1 this video! I know many people out there struggle to get the help and support that they need. You never know who could use this information. xoxo
HELP! SUBTITLE VIDEOS http://goo.gl/OZOQXi WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Subtitle videos if you know English or any other languages! You can help people who are either hearing impaired or non native English speaking. By doing this, you are helping others and strengthening our community.
MY FREE WORKBOOKS
Easy to follow at home workbooks for your mental health
Self-Harm workbook http://goo.gl/N7LtwU
Eating Disorder workbook http://goo.gl/DjOmkC
Wondering if I have answered a question like yours?
Search for it here: http://goo.gl/1ECSlO
MY VIDEO SCHEDULE
Monday – New mental health topic video
Thursday -q&a’s, guests, mental health in the news, etc
SENDING KATI STUFF
1223 Wilshire Blvd. #665
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Help us caption & translate this video!